Full course description
The American Academy of Audiology affirms the value of CHAMP through August 31, 2023.
Certificate Program Activity Description
The 2017 Food and Drug Administration Reauthorization Act established a new category of hearing aids to be available over-the-counter to increase accessibility and affordability of hearing aid devices. To prepare for increased consumer demand, pharmacists must be ready to meet the needs of the millions of adults eligible to seek over-the-counter hearing aids at the community pharmacy.
This knowledge-based activity provides 2.5 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit.
The target audience for this educational program is pharmacists. Others are welcomed to attend.
Learners will receive a badge upon completion of two diagnostic exams and 9 to 10 quizzes demonstrating learning competencies. This program fulfils competency statements for pharmacists.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of hearing loss.
- Assess the individual’s need for over-the-counter hearing aids.
- Assist patients in the selection of over-the-counter hearing devices.
- Collaborate with hearing healthcare professionals to champion hearing healthcare.
- Employ effective strategies when communicating with persons with hearing loss.
About the Continuing Education Provider
In support of improving patient care, the University of Pittsburgh is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.